1) Music is the organisation of sounds with some degree of rhythm, melody, and harmony. 2) Popular Music is music produced for and sold to a broad audience. Indian popular music, which is most strongly influenced by Indian folk music is shaped by social, economic, and technological forces. Popular music is closely linked to the social identity of its performers and audiences. 3) Indian Popular Music has one of the worlds most extensive popular music industries. Most Indian popular music is associated with the commercial film industry, centred on Mumbai, in which song-and-dance scenes are inserted into plots. 4) Film songs are heard all over India, in city streets and even in remote villages, and have also become one of the country’s major cultural exports. It is a remarkably eclectic genre, borrowing freely from other Indian musics and popular music’s from around the world, including some Western harmonic procedures. 5) Both Indian cinema and its film music are widely popular elsewhere in the developing world, from Africa and the Middle East to Eastern Europe and other parts of Asia. 6) While it is difficult to generalize about such a vast and diverse entity, certain observations can be made about Indian popular music. Like classical Indian music and Indian folk music, it is overwhelmingly monophonic: melodies are sung or played solo, rather than in harmony with another singer. 7) The Indian music industry got off to an early start with the production of local recordings in 1901. By the 1950s the film industry had grown phenomenally, and soon became the largest in the world, producing some 700-feature films annually. Music directors like Naushad and S. D. Burman composed scores for hundreds of films, while top singers like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Mohammed Rafi, and Kishore Kumar have each recorded several thousand film songs. Most were sentimental love songs designed to fit the romantic and often escapist c…
Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.